Terms of Service
The following rules apply to all Starline Travel, LLC (“Starline”) travel. These rules may be changed at any time at our sole discretion without prior notice.
Refunds - We do not offer refunds; however, you can change your ticket online up to 1 hour prior to your scheduled departure without any fees. Tickets are dates/schedule specific. You must be at our designated “Starport” (vehicle stop) no later than 15 minutes prior the scheduled departure time; otherwise your reservation will be considered a “no show” and may be canceled with no refund offered.
No-Shows - if you are a no-show and did not cancel or rebook your ticket online at least 1 hour prior to your scheduled departure time, the ticket is forfeited and cannot be rescheduled. IF YOU ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY CANCELLING OR REBOOKING YOUR RESERVATIONSAND ARE UNABLE TO REACH A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, PLEASE REACH US VIA OUR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org or via twitter @travelstarline
Identification - A valid photo ID is required to board any Starline vehicle.
E-Ticket - We'll send you an email confirmation with the E-Ticket receipt and boarding pass; please bring a copy of the E-Ticket receipt and boarding pass to board. We recommend you provide us with a contact number (preferably cell) so we can contact you in the event of a service disruption.
Internet service on our vehicles - We offer complimentary internet service on most of our vehicles, however Starline cannot take any responsibility for damage, or viruses during its use on the bus. We will do our best to provide wireless service on the bus, however as we all know sometimes technical difficulties might prevail, preventing us from providing the service.
Baggage Assistance - We provide baggage assistance for Starline passengers, however Washington Deluxe cannot take responsibility for forgotten, lost, damaged, or stolen property during any vehicle loading/unloading period.
Cabin Baggage Allowance - All passengers are entitled one piece of carry on baggage, not to exceed 22 inches x 15 inches x 10 inches in dimension and 25 pounds in weight.
Hold Baggage Allowance - Starline does not offer checked baggage service, and assumes no liability for any baggage transported. All passengers are entitled one piece of hold baggage to be placed under the vehicle, not to exceed 50 pounds in weight and to be of reasonable size and dimension not to exceed 62 linear inches (or as determined at the discretion of the crew). StarPlus cabin passengers are entitled to one extra piece of hold baggage, for a total of two complimentary pieces of hold baggage per passenger. Additional baggage may be purchased at $15 per piece, with a maximum of 4 checked pieces of baggage per passenger. Overweight/oversized baggage will be charged a flat rate of $25 per piece, not to exceed 100 pounds. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING CHECKED BAGGAGE PLEASE REACH US VIA OUR EMAIL email@example.com or via twitter @travelstarline
Smoking - Smoking is prohibited aboard all Starline vehicles in accordance with Federal law.
Pets - Dogs, cats, birds, or other animals will not be transported. A service animal, trained for the purpose of accompanying a special needs traveler, will be permitted to travel with the passenger at no additional charge.
Delays – Starline will not be liable for delays caused by accidents, breakdowns, road conditions, weather and other conditions beyond its control. Starline does not guarantee to arrive at or depart from any point as a specific time. Starline reserves the right, when operating conditions require, transferring passengers from one vehicle to another en route.
Seating – Starline reserves full control and discretion as to the seating of passengers and the right to change such seating at any time during the trip, provided; however, seating arrangements will be made without regard to race, color, creed, or national origin.
Transportation of Persons - Starline reserves the right to refuse to transport a person:
a) under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs,
b) who is incapable of taking care of him/herself (this does not apply to persons who are accompanied by an attendant or nurse),
c) whose conduct is such or likely to be such as to make him or her objectionable to other passengers or prospective passengers,
d) who refuse to permit a search of his or her person or property for weapons or who fails to provide positive identification upon request, or
e) or who refuses to comply with any lawful rule or regulation. Such persons may be removed from the bus at such place along the route as the driver may select. Starline shall not issue any compensation for passengers removed en route.
- Online purchases are available only at www.travelstarline.com
- All purchases are shown and payable in lawful United States currency.
- A confirmed online purchase is a reservation and guarantees you a seat on the date and schedule you’ve chosen provided you arrive at the designated “Starport” (stop) no later than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
- You must bring bring the email E-Ticket Confirmation and Boarding Pass with a valid picture ID to show the crew to be permitted to board.
- All reservations are good only on for the date and schedule chosen and are nonrefundable.
- Reservations cannot be canceled after purchase. However, we will allow our passengers to rebook their ticket to another available scheduled service with at minimum 1 hour advance notice prior to their originally scheduled departure and with the payment of any fare differential between the original fare paid and the new fare. There will be no refund of fare if the new fare is cheaper than the original fare.
- Five minutes prior to departure we reserve the right to release your reservation if you have not boarded the vehicle and claimed your seat. We will then make all seats available to standby and walk up customers on a first come, first served basis.
- Unused or partially used reservations have no refund value.
- Starline reserves the right to reissue or refund reservations for service failures or weather conditions which, at its sole discretion, require such action.
- Starline reserves the right to deny boarding to anyone who acquired a reservation in violation of its rules and regulations.
- Reservations are non-transferable and, if presented for transportation by any person other than the one for whom originally purchased, will be void and may be confiscated.
- Reservations are offered based on a variety of fares. A limited amount of seats may be available for any particular fare, and Starline may limit such fares for any reason and at any time. A reservation fare is confirmed only at sale—if the price has changed before the sales transaction is completed, the customer must reselect the fare available at that time. Any increase or decrease in fares following the sale will not be adjusted to the customer.
- Fares and charges are shown in dollars and cents, and are payable in lawful United States Currency.
- All fares are subject to applicable local, state, and/or Federal sales taxes, unless such Fares are specifically exempted from such Tax.
- Unless otherwise specifically provided, the Minimum Fare for a Passenger will be seven dollars ($7.00) plus any applicable transaction or booking fee.
- Starline offers no special fares for infants, children, seniors, clergy, students, military personnel, or employees. All fares are kept as low as possible and as a result no discounting applies.
- Unaccompanied passengers must be 18 years of age or older.
- In case of disagreement between the passenger and the crew as to either the applicable fare or the amount of fare paid, the passenger shall pay the amount demanded by the crew, but shall be informed that in response to a written request Starline may refund any overcharge.
- A transaction or booking fee may be assessed at sale. This fee is nonrefundable.
- Starline does not provide checked baggage service and assumes no liability of any kind for items/baggage placed onboard or underneath the vehicle in the baggage hold.
- All passengers are responsible for placing their baggage (in accordance with the outlined allowance) into the hold and retrieving it at their ticketed destination.
- If you need assistance, ask, and the crew will help you.
- Passengers are restricted to one (1) piece of baggage to be placed in the vehicle’s hold not to exceed 50 pounds or 62 inches and one (1) carry on bag not to exceed 25 pounds and 22 inches x 15 inches x 10 inches in dimension (or as determined by the crew). Passengers purchasing a seat in the StarPlus cabin will receive the additional allowance of (1) piece of hold baggage, for a total of (2) pieces of hold baggage, both not to exceed 50 pounds or 62 linear inches in dimension (or as determined by the crew).
- Any passenger who wishes to travel with more than the allowed limit of complimentary pieces of hold baggage may pay $15 per piece to place additional baggage in the hold, up to (4) total pieces of baggage per passenger (or as determined by the crew)
- Any passenger who wishes to travel with hold luggage exceeding the maximum weight or dimensions may pay a flat $25 to travel with an oversized piece of luggage in the hold, not to exceed 100 pounds in weight (or as determined by the crew).
- Passengers crossing international borders are solely responsible for removing and clearing all personal items and luggage through customs and immigration.
- Passengers are responsible for ensuring all contents of personal items and luggage are legally permissible by state, federal, provincial, and applicable international laws.
- We do not allow the transport of weapons of any kind or any material that would be classified by the DOT as a hazardous material. (Acids, ammunition, animals, combustible liquids, compressed gases, corpses, cremated remains, explosives, firearms of all types, fireworks, flammable liquids, furniture, hazardous materials, poisons, radioactive materials, etc.),
- Each passenger must retrieve his or her baggage next to the vehicle at his or her final destination.
- No pets may be transported as baggage.
Starline may disclose the passenger’s personal information, including ticket and payment information, as required by law, upon order of the court, by request of a governmental agency, by request of a law enforcement authority, or in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary or advisable.
Passengers with Disabilities
Contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for specific policies for information regarding passengers with disabilities who may need additional assistance.
We hope you find our operation and website safe, reliable, and efficient. Should you have any questions, comments or suggestions then please contact us at email@example.com or via twitter @travelstarline.
Failure or delay by us to enforce an obligation or exercise a right under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that obligation or right.
If any provision or term of these terms and conditions shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible from the other terms and conditions and shall be deemed to be deleted from them.
We may alter these terms and conditions from time to time and post the new version on our website, following which all use of our website will be governed by that version. It is your responsibility to check the terms and conditions on the website regularly and prior to making a reservation.
Unless specifically stated otherwise herein or required by law, Starline shall not be liable for any consequential, compensatory, indirect, incidental or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the performance of its obligations under these terms and conditions.
Starline has the right to cancel reservations (whether or not confirmed) of any customer whenever such action is necessary to comply with any governmental regulation, upon any governmental request for emergency transportation in connection with the national defense, or whenever such action is necessary or advisable by reason of weather or other conditions beyond Starlines’ control, including Force Majeure events.
Limitation of Liability/Claims
Starline assumes no liability for the loss of or damage of baggage and Starline will assume no liability for damage, breakage, deterioration, delay, and/or loss of any article prohibited to be transported on its vehicles or affiliated subcontracted vehicles. Such prohibited articles include any hazardous materials as that term is defined by the US Department of Transportation or any weapons of any kind. Unless caused in whole or in part by its own negligence that of its crewmembers, Starline shall not be liable for loss, damage or delay caused by:
The act or default by the passenger; the nature of the property or defect therein.
An act of God, public enemies, authority of the law, quarantine, perils or navigation, riots, strikes, or the hazards or dangers incidents to a state of war.
Accidents, breakdowns, bad conditions of roads or other causes beyond the carriers’ control. Any claim against Starline for loss, damage or delay must be filed with Starline within 60 days of the discovery of the loss or damage on which the claim is based.
Cross Border Travel
Persons traveling across international borders should ascertain information on documents needed to cross the border from the relevant U.S. and foreign government agencies, as such requirements are subject to change. A valid passport is required for citizens of any nation, including citizens of the United States, to cross the border in either direction between the United States and Canada or Mexico. Passengers are advised to consult with their government if they seek to cross the border without a valid passport. For U.S. Government information, passengers should consult with U.S. Customs and Border Protection at www.cbp.gov.
A guardian traveling with children must provide proof of custody or notarized parental authorization for travel. An adult accompanying a child who is neither a parent nor guardian of the child should have written permission from a parent or guardian to accompany the child across the border, including the name and contact information of the parent or guardian.
When making your reservation for services operating across international borders you will be given a Passenger Information Form. This form should be completed for all persons traveling, and brought with you on the date of travel. This will help you transit more quickly through customs and immigration control.
All baggage is subject to inspection when crossing international borders. You will be asked to declare any items subject to duty upon crossing the border. Starline is not responsible for any baggage crossing international borders. Passengers must claim all baggage at the border crossing point before proceeding. No luggage is allowed across the border unless claimed by a passenger.
Starline will not provide free transportation to a passenger denied entry across an international border.
Refusal To Transport
Starline shall have the right to refuse to transport or shall have the right to remove from the vehicle at any point, any customer for the following reasons:
Government Request or Regulations - Whenever such action is necessary to comply with any government regulation, security directive, or any governmental request for emergency transportation in connection with the national defense.
Force Majeure and Other Conditions - Whenever such action is necessary or advisable by reason of weather or other conditions beyond Starlines’ control including, but not limited to, acts of God, force majeure, strikes, civil commotions, embargoes, wars, hostilities, terrorist activities, or disturbances, whether actual, threatened, or reported.
Across International Boundaries - Whenever a passenger is travelling across any international boundary if:
The government required travel documents of such passenger appear not to be in order according to Starlines’ reasonable belief; or such customer's embarkation from, transit through, or entry into any country from, through, or to which such customer desires transportation would be unlawful or denied for any reason.
Safety - Whenever refusal or removal of a customer may be necessary for the safety of such passenger or other passengers or crew, including, but not limited to:
Persons whose conduct is disorderly, offensive, abusive, illegal or violent;
Persons under the influence of or possessing alcohol;
Persons who fail to comply with or interfere with the duties of the crew;
Persons who wear or have on or about their person concealed or unconcealed deadly or dangerous weapons;
Persons with a communicable disease or infection known or reasonably believed by Starline to pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others.
Website Terms of Service
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on TravelStarline.com's web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on TravelStarline.com's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by TravelStarline.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on TravelStarline.com's web site are provided "as is". TravelStarline.com makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, TravelStarline.com does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall TravelStarline.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on TravelStarline.com's Internet site, even if TravelStarline.com or a TravelStarline.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on TravelStarline.com's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. TravelStarline.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. TravelStarline.com may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. TravelStarline.com does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
TravelStarline.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by TravelStarline.com of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to TravelStarline.com's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.